Heading West...

10:00 PM









I attended a friend’s wedding in San Francisco a few weeks ago. Typically, the thick pacific fog always creeps in when I stop by SF. Surprisingly, during a somewhat chilly September afternoon, I saw the clearest and bluest skies I have ever seen in the city!

Despite the fact that color blocks and solid pastels are trending today, I have always been a big fan of patterns. I wrote about this dress two years ago with a woodsy backdrop. This time, I felt it was appropriate to bring it out again since coral does better with a seaside view.

Both the dress and the scarf are from Lilly Pulitzer, a name you rarely see on on the West Coast. It may come as a shock to some but YES - I recently moved from DC to the Pacific Northwest, where the scale favors the hipster rather than the preppy. This outfit is a perfect representation of me styling in between the two - preppy East Coast floral prints plus hipster Northwestern retro ankle boots. I don’t think I will abandon my East Coast roots, but I’d like to refine my traditional preppy style with some new PNW elements.


***
Dress: Lilly Pulitzer - similar
Scarf: Lilly Pulitzer - similar
Ankle Boots: Alberto Fermani

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. I am so happy to see that you are posting again! Missed your outfits!

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deniz for following along this whole time. I am happy to be back again!

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness, I was just in SF this week, but didn't get a chance to take pics of the bridge! I love these photos! Your dress is amazing, and I love the mixing of the prints! So perfect!

    -Lily from With Love Lily Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lily! You should definitely get some pics of the bridge next time when you visit. There are several great spots for some really good shots :)

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty dress and a jacket!! Love the photos too! U look awesome. Xoxo

    http://www.sweetsimpleday.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seriously obsessed with this. The print mixing is perfect!

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie! I am glad you like the print mixing.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely place for a wedding! SF is beautiful. I adore your mixing of patterns that skirt is so chic!

    XO Chelsea http://www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That jacket is incredible. You look lovely.

    Love from London :)

    Ashleigh | www.quintessentiallyme.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the queen of mixing patterns. I love this ensemble. Hopefully you had a wonderful time at your friend's wedding. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I did! It was the most beautiful wedding!

      Delete
  8. Welcome to the Pacific Northwest! I love visiting SF. These photos are beautiful. Love how you tastefully mix these different patterns.
    http://doreensstylediary.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am excited for the new life here in PNW!

      Delete

Subscribe