Fashionably Early

9:14 PM

As a resident of the nation's capital, sometimes I take all historic landmarks and iconic views for granted. Despite the fact that I drive by Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial twice a day to go to work, I only visit them a few times a year. Last week, I attended a friend's wedding in the Lincoln Memorial. The wedding started at 7am (that's right, AM). For the first time, I watched the peaceful sunrise in DC and all the "early birds" slowly waking up the city for another busy day, including a group of soldiers warming up for the day ahead. 

Although the autumn temperatures in DC usually stay in the high 60s to 70s, it does get a little chilly in the mornings. I put on my trench coat for the first time this season and waited for the groom and bride to arrive...



 



 
************************
Trench: Zara (similar)
Dress: J.Crew Factory (here - One of my favorite suit dresses. A very versatile piece!)
Shoes: Ann Taylor
Bracelets: Ann Taylor (similar - great for small wrists!)
Tote: Ann Taylor (similar for Fall colors)


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. A 7am wedding, wow! I don't think I've ever heard of that. You looked great. I love your trench.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's lightweight and perfect for the not-so-windy early fall.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful outfit! Love the photos!

    Mel
    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a classic fall look! love the trench coat

    http://heyprettything.com

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe