Workwear - Playful Yet Professional

7:00 AM

As promised, I am going to share more of my work outfits here.

After working for professional services companies for a few years, I have established a very consistent work style that reflects my personality while maintaining professionalism. The majority of my professional wardrobe is in black, navy blue, or white. These colors err on the conservative side, but they convey a message of credibility and trust.

What I am wearing today is a good representation of my professional style. Ankle pants are a big part of my wardrobe. With heels, they do a great job at helping you elongate your legs and achieving a slimmer frame. I don’t normally wear white shoes, as it’s hard to keep them from getting scratches while walking in the city. More importantly, the dark and white combination tends to put emphasis on where the dark pieces are. With a darker outfit and white shoes, this can make you appear “top-heavy”. However, in this outfit, with the help of my cream color ankle pants and the white jewelry, they even out the contrast between the darker top and lighter bottom.

This outfit is also very versatile if worn with a jacket. Put the jacket on to dress up for a client meeting, take it off to unwind during a happy hour. It could be “dangerous” to wear a floral suit depending on who you work with. I love floral. The navy and white print help tone down the playfulness a little bit and keeps the piece work appropriate.

As promised, I am going to share more of my work outfits here.



**********************
Sunglasses: Original Wayfarer Classic - Ray-Ban
Necklace: J.Crew (similar at Ann Taylor)
Peplum Top: Ann Taylor (similar at J.Crew Factory)
Jacket: C.Wonder (similar at J.Crew and ASOS
Ankle Pants: Banana Republic (similar at J.Crew - J.Crew and BR run very similar ankle pants in terms of sizing. I am 5'5 and wear size 2 for both brands)
Bracelets: J.Crew (similar)
Pumps: Jiji Pumps - Kate Spade (similar or similar)

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Love this color combo and the silhouette of the outfit..very pretty on you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty outfit! I love the print of the blazer and the pattern on your pants is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dressing more on the professional side is totally something I grapple with on the daily. Love this look way too much though!!

    xx Sarah | Loser Girl Wins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right...sometimes you just gotta be a little more creative about it! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. You look simply pretty! Loving your white pants <3

    crunchy cheese me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words Marlen. I always try to find ways to make my professional outfit fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I really love you style. I admire people who can easily put together outfits like this. I feel like such a flop when I try to style an outfit.

    Loving your blog. I just came upon it today.

    Have a great week! :o)

    V
    Life+1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of time it has to do with the colors you choose. Like I wouldn't pick a hot pink peplum top to wear for work. If you stay on the conservative side in terms of colors, you will be fine :)

      Delete
  7. I love this outfit! I recently switched careers and went from a very casual environment to a more business casual environment. This outfit would be perfect!! Thank you! Plus, I love navy & white :)

    xo, B
    www.BKCsquared.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like it. Let me know when you style it next time!

      Delete
  8. This is a gorgeous look! Love everything about it -- absolutely perfect.
    xo Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving everything about this. Perfectly styled!!

    Cynthia
    Sensibly Sharp
    Find me at : bloglovin' | facebook | instagram

    ReplyDelete
  10. love all the textures. gives it that sporty vibe : )

    lacee swan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha now I look at it, it does have a sporty vibe. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Subscribe