Colorful Coat to Brighten Up Your Winter

2:16 PM

Double-cloth Metro Coat with Thinsulate - J.Crew (similar herehere and here)

Originally from the 2011 winter catalog, this J.Crew Metro Coat has been one of my favorite winter coats over the years. Its vibrant color and the well tailored silhouette cheers me up every winter, not to mention its 3M Thinsulate inner lining that keeps me warm despite the frozen weather outside.

 



Not sure if it's just me, but I am a bit disappointed by J.Crew's coat selections this year. Where did all the beautiful well fitted winter coats go? As much as I love these boy-inspired looks, all I see are the oversized baggy coats, or chester coats, as the industry defines. We still want to look slim while bundling up with layers after all, right?

Although the metro coat has been long gone in J.Crew's catalog, you should still be able to find them on eBay or other third party retailers. Alternatively, try the Lady Day Coat, which consistently comes back every year, with a wide range of color selections.

***************
Sunglasses: Original Wayfarer - Ray-Ban
Coat: Double-cloth Metro Coat with Thinsulate - J.Crew (similar herehere and here)
Sweater: Ribbed Raglan Sweater - Gap - currently 60% off!
Pants: Danie Pant - J.Crew - currently 61% off!
Boots: Tory Burch (similar here and here)
Watch: Burberry (similar here and here)

Update: Julia's Picks on 2015 Winter Collection:

You Might Also Like

42 comments

  1. Classic Ray-Bans rock. Great post thanks for sharing.

    Eye See Euphoria | http://eyeseeeuphoria.com/post/new-face-of-emporio-armani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! Definitely need them for the sunny weather after snow!

      Delete
  2. Love this look!! So pretty!!

    xx Olivia

    www.hellooliviablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely outfit! I always love a good pop of colour in the wintertime.

    Kris | Love. Loft. Life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? That's exactly what we need in this chilly winter!

      Delete
  4. That coat will never go out of style. The color is gorgeous on you!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
  5. People are all about neutrals during the winter, but I do love a pop of color! We need something to brighten up these dreary days :P Also loving the length of the coat, shields legs from the cold :) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey! Yeah I love swapping out my neutrals and put on something bright every once a while. :)

      Delete
  6. Looove this coat! This is my favorite color! I wish we had winter here too so I can wear this coat :)

    Found you in one of the fashion blogs I frequent and thought I'd give you a visit.I hope you can swing by my blog too, or connect on social media if you want? Either way, I'd love to hear from you. xo

    Abby,
    http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Abby! And I'd love to live in a place that doesn't have winter though haha!

      Delete
  7. ohhhh i love the color of your coat!!! it's an amazing blue ;)
    Check it out my new post: http://honeyandcotton.org/elegant-and-wedding-dresses/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love slim-fitted coats! It makes me look professional while laying up something casual. I love the color, too - I think it's great for the winter! :) x

    xo, Mimi
    www.thefoxyheroine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am with you. Most of my coats are slim-fitted ones all because I need to wear them to work in the winter!

      Delete
  9. That coat is perfect!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashinqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it, such a beautiful color!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  11. How adorable! I love the pop of color...it definitely brightens up a neutral winter outfit!
    xoxo
    Hannah
    www.frecklesandolives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL outfit - that coat color is amazing.

    - Sarah :)
    www.thecrownbijoux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Yeah I love this color!

      Delete
  13. I LOVE the jacket! Though I tend to gravitate toward neutrals, every time I see a bright colored coat, I'm more temped to splurge on a new one.
    -Emma

    The Daily Dil-emma || http://www.emmasheehy.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been on a cobalt blue kick lately too! Cute look

    xo | The Fashion Forecast

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm obsessed with your coat, it is SO PRETTY!!

    XO Courtney
    www.colormecourtney.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this coat and the color. J.Crew has had this color in rotation for many seasons and I still can't get enough of it. The Crew can do no wrong in my eyes. You look absolutely adorable.

    www.stylegonerogue.com (new post)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah yeah they do come out every once a while... Thanks!

      Delete
  17. I love the coat! The color is beautiful.

    http://memoriesofthepacific.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe