J. Crew Thinsulate Double-cloth Metro Coat

5:11 PM

UPDATE -- Additional J.Crew Coat Reviews:

Review for the J.Crew Tipped Peacoat
Review for the J. Crew Double-cloth Funnel Coat 
Review for the J. Crew Double-cloth Slim Trench

A few months ago, I did a review for J. Crew's Double-cloth Slim Trench. Now that we are officially in the coldest month of the winter, I thought I should do a quick review for my favorite winter coat from J. Crew, the Double-cloth Metro Coat.

This coat is made from 100% wool, meaning it is much warmer and softer than the slim trench. The size is relatively bigger than most of the other J. Crew coats, to accommodate a thicker sweater inside. I am wearing a size 00 here, one size down from my normal 0 - 2 size for J. Crew outwears. As to the design and fit, I have no complaints. The coat lacks a belt, but it manages to fit my body perfectly when I button it up. The royal blue color was only released in 2011. I wish J. Crew would continue to sell this color since it looks great on a lot of different types of skin tones. Plus, the vibrant color can add some much needed cheer to your outfit and help you forget about the freezing cold!


Which coat do you like better? This one or the Double-cloth Slim Trench?

 ******************
Coat:  2011 Double-cloth Metro Coat with Thinsulate - J. Crew (2012 style sold here)
Sunglasses: RB3025 Aviator - Ray-Ban
Sweater - Banana Republic (similar)
Necklace - Francesca's 
Leggins - Hollister
Boots - Amanda Riding Boot - Tory Burch

Update: Julia's Picks on 2015 Winter Collection:


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. New reader here! I love the color of the metro on you! I tried on the red metro but the color intimidated me a bit. In addition, when it arrived in the mail, it flared out a bit on the bottom like a bell, and I was afraid that it wouldn't go back down. After seeing it on you, I regret not picking it up again during the %off sale. Maybe next year! I ended up with the slim trench instead, which I love, but sometimes it's just not quite warm enough for NE winters...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Celena! If you want to stay warm, the metro coat with Thinsulate definitely does a better job than the slim trench! I was able to wear this in the January snow, but my slim trench couldn't even stand the wind in November...

      Delete
  2. Love this turtle neck on you, Julia! The metro coat looks great on you, but it's a close contender with slim-trench. You have a figure that's hard to look bad in anything IMO. :) Thanks for stopping by. Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. why not try these out read here read this Valentino Dolabuy useful link Learn More

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe