Hunger Games for Halloween - My "Post-Mortem" Update

8:38 AM

For the past few years, I’ve been getting my inspiration for costumes by watching the Halloween episodes of The Ellen Show. I found a video clip of the show today and it was about an 8-year-old girl, Stella, who dressed up as a famous figure to school every single day. She is amazing! Not only is Halloween for her everyday, but she is also helping her classmates learn about history in the most interesting way.

  
I've never really bought a complete set of costume because I don't like the idea of buying something that you will wear only once; although sometimes it seems hard to be creative if you don't want to spend too much money and time to dress yourself up. When putting together my costume this year, I picked out pieces of clothing that would not stick out in a crowd on a normal day.

Earlier in the summer, I thought about having an outfit themed after the hottest summer jam, Call Me Maybe. However, nothing good came to m
y mind except for wearing a nametag with "Maybe" written on it , or dressing up as a phone. I could not think of any more creative costume ideas until I went to this year’s Howl-O-Scream in Busch Gardens and chased by ghosts in the "forests". While I was enjoying the atmosphere, I went on a new ride that just opened up, Verbolten. The ride was about some tourists who were trying to survive a haunted forest. Put the words survive and forest together, i thought of Hunger Games! This immediately became my plan A after I was able to find all the pieces I needed online within 10 minutes. Yet this is exactly the idea of dressing up for Halloween - be the person that you want to be for a day.

Yes, I was Katniss. May the odds be ever in your favor!




A friend was nice (and lazy..) enough to be my Peeta
$2 Chipotle!
Georgetown Cupcake!
My hair after a night of "hunting" in DC... (make sure your side braid is tight enough!)

******************
Jacket: Sparkle & Fade Washed Faux Leather Moto Jacket - Urban Outfitters
Under the jacket... Anything black! Even a black sweater would work if it's cold.
Old Jeans: Levi's Jeans - Kohl's (similar)
Old Boots - Cole Haan (similar)
Mockingjay Pin & Bow Set - Amazon

Katniss picture source: Rebel's Haven

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wonderful costume idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now I can't wait for next Halloween to come!

      Delete

Subscribe