At Sea - Nautical Stripes Maxi Dress

10:07 PM

Despite the perception that they make you look “wider”, horizontal stripes have been getting very popular this year. My first take on this trend is this nautical maxi dress.  


Alaskan cruises are nothing like your typical cruises in the Caribbean. Unlike the warm sunny tropical cruises, the weather changes from day to day as I sailed from Vancouver all the way to Southeast Alaska. It could be sunny, cloudy, or rainy; you never know. The temperature went from the mid 70s to the low 50s. Factor in the wind (which blew quite often on the trip) and you would feel 10 degrees cooler. 

Therefore, bringing a maxi dress along was one of the best decisions I made for this cruise! Due to the long distance I had to cover just to get to the ship (flying all the way from the East Coast to the West Coast of the United States, then driving up to Vancouver, Canada), I had to pack extra light. The length of the dress not only kept its “nautical elegance”, but also kept me warm. For the 10 day cruise, I wore this dress during the cruise red carpet “formal night”, while dining at Palo (the fancy adult exclusive restaurant on Disney Wonder), and when I wanted to enjoy the sunshine without feeling the howling chill of the wind on deck. However, there’s nothing like enjoying the ocean breeze without a care in the world. I wish I could go back…








**********************
Dress: Maxidress - J. Crew Factory (similar)
Sandals: Madewell (similar)
Necklace: J.Crew (similar

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Such a splendid life that you have .... always having fun with Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this look is so cute, and perfect for being out at sea! Love all the pictures. I am now following your blog, it's great! Looking forward to more posts from you :)

    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so tall and elegant in that dress! I love the last photo! You really do look like a celebrity on the red carpet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha thanks! and yeah the maxi dresses always make you look tall!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. thanks! one of my favorite pieces this summer too!

      Delete

Subscribe