J.Crew Neon Lace Dress in Napa Valley

10:04 PM

How was everyone's summer? Can you believe it's already September?!

This summer, I took a trip to the beautiful Napa Valley in California. It is home to some of the best wineries in the world. My favorite, and most atmospheric winery to visit, is the Castello di Amorosa, the famous "castle winery". Their tour consists of a wine tasting and a guided walkthrough of the castle where you will learn about the history of the family and the castle, the winemaking process, and how they store the wine. It’s a great way to get immersed into the wine making culture, especially for families or those first timers to Napa Valley. During wine tasting, I discovered my new favorite wine - Il Passito. Its sweet, fruity and floral aroma makes it a great dessert wine to cap off the end of a meal. Definitely a must try if you are visiting the castle!

Now on to the dress. I had this J.Crew dress for a while but was never able to find the right occasion to wear it without standing out too much. However, today it turned out to be the right choice for the occasion, as the dress not only showed a nice contrast between the dark bricks but also blended in with the vast field of grape vines. The silhouette of the dress is almost perfect in my opinion. The waist is a tiny bit on the wider side so I might put on a belt next time. I have read about negative reviews on the material being too thin but I thought it is very breathable and perfect for summer/fall season. The lace is well made, and the material overall is on par with other J.Crew dresses.

Oh, and this will be a perfect dress for raves, EDM lovers! :)



****************************
Dress: Lace Sheath Dress: Day - J.Crew  (currently on sale!!)
Sandals: Ann Taylor
Sunglasses: Aviator Classic RB3025 - Ray-Ban

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. You look great in the dress! Looks like you had good weather in Napa, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the weather was gorgeous that day, for the rest of the Bay Area too! I will share more photos later on. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks! I am glad the photos turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photos! looks like such a fun place to go! love your neon dress! looking super cute!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I highly recommend this winery!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for alerting us of the sale on this pretty dress. I LOVE J Crew yellows. And idk about it being a rave dress but certainly it looks like the perfect Napa dress <3

    Here's a photo of me styling one of my favorite yellow J Crew dresses: http://preponderance-of-fashion.blogspot.com/2012/06/petite-fashion-challenge-17.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! It runs a tiny bit on the small side. I normally wear a 0 or 2, but since both of them were not available, I picked up size 4 instead and it fits just fine.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous dress with beautiful color! Love it!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing post! And I love your blog:)

    I am now folowing you on Instagram, follow me back?:)

    instagram.com/irakharchenko
    theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Napa's one of my favorite places, we live just 30 minutes away and are always finding ourselves there even though we don't even drink wine. Also I love love your dress, it's so perfect on you.

    Gina
    Pink Wings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I am jealous! Napa is such a wonderful place!

      Delete

Subscribe