Seattle Ferry

2:17 PM



What I love about Seattle is the beautiful shoreline views showcasing the natural beauty of the pacific northwest. It is amazing that I now live in a city where water comprises 40% of the metropolitan area. There is the Puget Sound, Lake Washington, and many other not-so-small lakes and creeks within minutes of each other. It feels like they’re all part of the main watershed, but most of them are actually not! I moved here in August and caught the tail end of the Summer, but I can’t wait for the warmer weather to come back again soon (hey, it’s only 6 months away!).

Last weekend, I took the ferry to visit a family friend in one of the islands in the Puget Sound, Bainbridge Island. Although I did not have a lot of time to walk around in this quaint little island, I really enjoyed the 30-minute ferry ride and the incredible views of city. Bainbridge Island is now on top of my list of places to visit again this winter!

I’m not sure how cold it will get in Seattle, but my coworkers always tell me “it’s gonna be better than the East Coast”. Before the weather gets too cold or uh…too wet, I thought I should wear dresses as much as I could. Here is a black and white outfit I put together for this typical gloomy Seattle morning. I added a bit of brown and gold hoping that I could match the turning colors of the trees this fall. However, it never really settled in until I set sail for Bainbridge Island that, most of the trees did not turn yellow here… then I realized this is indeed the Evergreen State!

***
Coat: Zara - similar
Dress - Anthropologie - similar
Scarf - gift from co-worker - similar
Crossbody: Brooks Brothers - similar here and here


You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Gorgeous photos!! I'm still holding on to dresses for as long as possible too

    Kris | Love. Loft. Life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Dresses are made and shall be wore for all seasons. :)

      Delete
  2. Seattle is so beautiful, and so green - something we haven't had in California for a while haha. I oddly try to wear dresses in the colder months as well, probably something to do with the grass being greener on the other side!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sometimes I wear dresses in the winter just because the heat in my office is actually too hot!

      Delete
  3. You look so cute! I love that simple cream coloured coat paired with the striped scarf. Beautiful. Hahaha always try to wear dresses, even when it's cold. They're just so comfy.

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's one of my most-worn coats this year :)

      Delete
  4. Stunning photos! I always wanted to go to Seattle sometime! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come visit! It's truly a beautiful city!

      Delete
  5. oh wow, this looks so beautiful, and your outfit is so pretty, too :)
    http://www.youtube.com/c/MissLovelyAttitude
    http://lovelyattitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look so much! Especially that dress - so versatile!

    g.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a very versatile piece. :)

      Delete
  7. Love your outfit! And I love Seattle as well with many lakes around. ;)

    MISS LUCIA | Fashion & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute look! Love the scarf! And don't worry, your winter there will be much milder than the East Coast's winters! Trust me :)
    Xoxo
    Annie
    http://www.somethingswellblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe