J. Crew Thinsulate Double-Cloth Funnel Coat

6:17 PM

UPDATE -- Additional J.Crew Coat Reviews:

Review for the J.Crew Tipped Peacoat
Review for the J. Crew Thinsulate Double-cloth Metro Coat
Review for the J. Crew Double-cloth Slim Trench

Mint is undoubtedly the color of this spring, and my closet must be prepared for that! After the two J. Crew winter coats I have reviewed previously, the Double-Cloth Slim Trench and the Double-Cloth Metro Coat, it is time to feature my favorite winter piece from the closet, the Double-Cloth Funnel Coat. It has a very minimalist design, just like all the other J. Crew coats, less is more. What really says “I’m ready for spring” is the minty color, a nice balance between the cooler winter nights and the greener spring days. The mint is not too green, not too pale or creamy. J. Crew really spent a lot of time looking for the perfect hue of this color, and I couldn't be happier with it.

As far as sizing goes, I normally wear a 0, but this one is actually a size 4 with some tailoring work done to better fit my torso. The sleeves are still a little bit loose, but not to the point where i felt like I needed to tailor them. I couldn’t complain about the length of this jacket, which falls perfectly 1 inch up from my knees with my 5'5'' height. The sleeve length and the shoulders can be a little off - when I purchased the coat, the only other size available was 0P, with the sleeves ending at least 2 inches above my wrists; although I went two sizes up from usual, the shoulders on this size 4 coat fits my narrower than average shoulders surprisingly well. Therefore, I recommend trying it on before making the purchase or order at least one size up and do some small adjustments after.


How do you like this one compared to the other two coats I reviewed before? Do you own any mint pieces?

***************
Coat: Double-Cloth Funnel Coat - (similar here and here) J. Crew
Dress: Lilly Pulitzer
Pumps: Perfect Cutout Pumps - Ann Taylor
Bag: Kelsey Clutch - Tory Burch
Sunglasses: Original Wayfarer - Ray-Ban
Bangle: J. Crew (similar)


Update: Julia's Picks on 2015 Winter Collection:

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Wow, that mint color is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah some of the mints I have seen were too bright, but this one is just perfect!

      Delete
  2. I love the clutch! You are amazing at finding gorgeous clutches!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! It is also a cross body bag with straps hidden inside :)

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely outfit! I love your coat and clutch! You look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, so so gorgeous! That mint color is scrumptious; I had the Double Cloth Boulevard Trench in the same color on my mental wishlist. And I loooove the white and gold dress -- so precious, together with the mint green! It's great that you were able to get tailoring that made the coat fit better; I got the Icon Trench in Wool-Cashmere and the bodice is rather boxy so I might end up looking for tailoring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was actually the first time for me tailoring a coat - very satisfied! You should consider it too.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Out of the three j.crew coats you posted reviews on which is the warmest? Can you rank them from warmest to coldest? Have you ever tried the lady day coat by them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Naomi - sorry for the late response. For your j.crew coats purchase next winter... I would say the metro coat is the warmest, then the funnel coat, and then the slim trench coat. I did try the lady day coat before. The fit is similar to the trench coat, and it feels pretty warm too. The thickness is similar to the funnel coat.

      Hope that helps!

      Delete
  8. I am selling this coat on eBay and I was wondering if I could use a couple of your photos on the listing and credit you with the link in the description? They are just so beautiful. Thanks <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My seller name is "artcollection" if you want to check it out!

      Delete

Subscribe