J.Crew Thinsulate Winter Peacoat

10:47 PM

Many of you may already know, I survive winters on J.Crew coats. It doesn’t matter if there’s snow, sleet, or freezing rain, I always have my J.Crew coats on hand to stay cozy.

One of my favorite go-to winter pieces is the J.Crew Tipped Peacoat. The Italian wool and the inner lining (not sure if it is the iconic J.Crew “Thinsulate” but certainly feels like it!) really kept me warm for the whole winter. Compared to the Double-Cloth coats (Funnel Coat, Metro Coat and Slim Trench) I reviewed previously, the length of this coat is perfect for me to stay active in the winter… such as running around in the snow! Although this Tipped Peacoat was part of the 2012 winter collection and no longer available, I have found the J.Crew Melton Coat and the Majesty Peacoat to be close substitutes. These photos were taken last winter. DC hasn’t experienced its first snow this season yet, but the chilly below 30 degrees weather certainly tells me it is coming soon.

What's on your shopping list this Black Friday? My wardrobe is full of colorful and fun coats, the only thing I am missing is a conservative black coat. I have been thinking about the J.Crew Lady Day Coat for a while, but was a little hesitant with the narrow torso design when I tried one on last winter. I would really appreciate it if you have any suggestions for me!

J.Crew_Winter_Coat

 
Hunter_Boots

**************************
Coat: Tipped Peacoat - J.Crew (similar here and here)
Rain Boots: Original Tall Gloss Rain Boots - Hunter (similar)
Gloves: Ralph Lauren (similar)
Sunglasses: Original Wayfarer - Ray-Ban
Bangles: J.Crew (similar)

Update: Julia's Picks on 2015 J.Crew Winter Collection
(click the pictures to check out the latest J.Crew promotions on these gorgeous coats)

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Love the trim on this peacoat. Such a cute contrasting detail!

    Kris | www.love-loft-life.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the trim and the black and white contrast are definitely what differentiate this peacoat from other J.Crew ones. :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous coat! I absolutely love the hunter boots with it. Ads the perfect touch of color.

    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was trying to make the outfit a little more fun for this otherwise black and white look.

      Delete
  3. I miss that selection of peacoat, wish they can bring back the classic design this year, but so far the products has been pretty disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Their design is a bit different this year for sure...

      Delete
  4. I love this look!! The classic coat with the yellow gumboots is so fabulous!! I love it!!!
    XO Courtney
    www.ColorMeCourtney.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those bright boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my favorite rainboots for sure! :)

      Delete
  6. Love the delightful pop of yellow from the boots to the outfit, such a cute look! The coat is so classy too, beautiful piece!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha I am glad you like the pop of yellow!

      Delete
  7. Love this coat! It will work with so many things. And can I just say your hair is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe