My Hat, My Winter "Fashionator" - Petite Fashion Challenge #21

5:00 PM

I love watching events hosted by the UK royal family, especially the iconic fascinators wore by all the ladies. I remember seeing vendors selling them in DC's Eastern Market right after Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding last year. Then I started to dream about when I can finally participate an event where wearing a fascinator does not make me look overdressed.

Hence, I am here participating the "The Fashionator", Petite Fashion Challenge #21 hosted by KT Reed from KTRstyle (hmmm...despite my height, I do wear petite sizes once in a while...). My "fashionator" is a winter hat that is subtly decorated with three pieces of feather. For someone who has migraine headache, hats have been so important to me that they allow me to stay warm, and of course, stylish, for winters in the East Coast.

Eastern Market, DC
"who's the copycat?"
Petite Fashion Challenge #21 "is to create an outfit for an occasion (of your choice: attending a wedding, in a wedding, a holiday party, Kentucky Derby, etc.) and utilize a headpiece as the focal point to make a “fashionator” statement. This headpiece can be a fascinator, a fancy headband, a delicate flower or a big hat." Be sure to check out other participants' entries on KT's blog!

******************
Old Hat - J. Crew (similar)
Old Sunglasses - Ray-Ban 
Old Blazer - Calvin Klein (similar)
Sweater: Merino Classic Crewneck Pullover - J. Crew Factory
Skirt: Pencil Skirt in Black Watch Plaid - J. Crew Factory
Belt: Glitter Skinny Belt - New York & Co.
Boots: Amanda Riding Boot - Tory Burch


You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Great outfit--love your tartan skirt, and the hat is fabulous. Nice job on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love love love your skirt and how you made it a bit more casual with the hat and flat boots.
    ~molli-Dae
    Have a GReat Molli-Dae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea that was supposed to be a pencil skirt I wore to work. It's becoming a versatile piece in my wardrobe now!

      Delete
  3. oooh, I know this is about the hat but I love that plaid skirt!!! Nice cat too and I think he copied you for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting this month's PFC. Love the "fashionator" challenge idea!

      Delete
  4. LOVE your ensemble! And I love the way you wore a hat instead of a fascinator! Simply fantastic!

    Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hat. Which clothes do you choose in petite? I'm glad you are buying them, too. The more petite clothes that are sold, hopefully the more brands will make a petite line for their customers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of my tops or work blazers when I need them to be the right length. But definitely not pants/skirts lol.

      Delete
  6. Very cute! Loving that hat!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.heyloveblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm now hosting Petite Fashion Challenge (#22) and I hope you will join!

    You have 3 more weeks till post date and if you do any shopping before then you will be performing the challenge ;) Come to my blog for more info A Preponderance of Fashion

    ReplyDelete

  8. wow wonderfull photos, their outfit looks coolladies leather jackets

    ReplyDelete
  9. pop over to this web-site buy replica bags online check out here luxury replica bags Extra resources bags replica gucci

    ReplyDelete
  10. click here to find out more replica designer backpacks visit here replica ysl handbags additional resources buy replica bags

    ReplyDelete
  11. check this link right here now cheap designer bags replica find out this here buy replica bags online browse around this web-site gucci replica bags

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe